Posts Tagged Processor
Nvidia has just announced its next-generation Tegra 4 processor for smartphones, tablets, and notebooks. The Tegra 4, like its predecessor, features a quad-core processor along with a fifth, low power, core to save battery life. The company’s CEO Jen-Hsun Huang says that Tegra 4 is the world’s fastest mobile processor, surpassing everything currently on the market.
Nvidia hasn’t revealed the clock speed of the Tegra 4’s processor yet.
Nvidia says its new system-on-a-chip isn’t just for making your games faster.
It’s time for gamers to make merry – AMD has just released 4 heavy-duty desktop processors all fortified with high performance, fast speed, and solid construction. These state-of-the-art processors will go a long way in gamers enjoying hours of intensive, stutter-free gaming. Salient facets of these 4 processors follow:
- The FX-8350 “Vishera” Processor
AMD’s FX-8350 processor bearing the Vishera moniker is the most advanced processor of the bunch and therefore bears the most reviewing. The Vishera, which has been constructed utilizing 32-nanometer knowhow, comes with the ensuing striking features:
- The Vishera is divided into 4 Piledriver sections that can accommodate 8 cores in their fold. This unique 8-core competency assures extremely quick clock velocities that can reach an amazing 4 GHz. Further, these velocities can be increased to 4.2 GHz via turbo core functioning. Having 8 cores also delivers sturdier digital signals and ensures thriftier energy usage.
- The Vishera processor is driven by the multi-faceted OverDrive 4 software, a preeminent AMD product.
- The processor has a 125-watt Thermal Design Power (TDP) output that efficiently cools the device and lends it potency to support even the most demanding of gaming applications.
- The Vishera embeds a novel dual-segment Integrated Memory Controller (also known as IMC) possessing a 1866-megahertz support structure.
- The FX-8350 has cache memories of 8 MB for L2 as well as L3 storage. This makes the processor exceedingly adept at handling frequently accessed applications. Furthermore, the robust L2 cache is fitted with C0-stepping competencies.
- The Vishera is also compatible with earlier AMD iterations like the FX CPU, 990FX, and AMD SB950 (Southbridge) motherboards, albeit after a slight and simple alteration to the BIOS.
- Besides the above, the processor also ships with:
• 1.2 billion Semiconductors (or transistors)
- A Clock and Voltage compartment that maximizes processor output when in turbo mode.
• A multiplier with unlocked configuration.
• An advanced sound encoder with the capacity to generate multi-thread H.264 videos.
• Support for Open Computing Language (OpenCL).
Thus the Vishera is equipped with above average rapidity as also enviable instructions-per-clock (IPC) and frequency numbers making it a top-notch choice for gamers. AMD has priced the processor at roughly USD 200.
- The FX-8320 Processor
This processor is similar to the Vishera in many respects except that its speed is a tad lower at 3.5 GHz. However due to the inbuilt 8-core unclocking ability, this velocity can be enhanced to 4 GHz with the FX-8320 in turbo core mode enabling the same exciting game play. The FX-8320 is priced slightly lower – at around USD 170.
- The FX-6300 Processor
AMD’s third new-generation processor sports 6 cores operating at a standard clock speed of 3.5GHz that can be intensified to 4.1 GHz with the FX-6300 in turbo core mode. Otherwise all the remaining features resemble those of the previously mentioned processors. The FX-6300 can be had for approximately USD 130.
- The FX-4300 Processor
This processor ships with 4 cores but has a higher speed of 3.8 GHz, which can be heightened to 4 GHz when the processor is in turbo core mode. Also the 4-megabyte L3 cache capacity is somewhat than the other models. The FX-4300 can be obtained for around USD 122.
AMD avers that these Piledriver-enabled processors deliver 15% extra performance as contrasted with the earlier processors comprising Bulldozer technologies. While the improved processors still aren’t sufficient to challenge Intel’s top-end models, they can definitely guarantee gamers a good time.
This is a guest post by Jena Branch of Buycox.com, a site that offers savings and current information on cox cable packages.