Posts Tagged Iconia B1
After quite a few weeks of half-hearted leaks, Acer has announced its latest budget Android tablet. Called the Acer Iconia B1-A71, the tablet chiefly impresses through its price, which is expected to be under $150.
In other regards, the tablet is unfortunately mediocre. The Iconia B1 is trading on specs that could perhaps maybe prove a good lower-cost alternative to the Nexus 7, but ultimately don’t seem worthwhile for the small price reduction.
You get a 1.2 GHz Mediatek dual-core processor, 512 MB of RAM, 8 GB of internal storage and a 1024 x 600 7″ touchscreen – about the same specification as the BlackBerry Playbook, then. The Iconia B1 leaked last year with some rather dreadful GLBenchmark results – a mighty 3.3 FPS in the Egypt HD test, and only 18 FPS on the much older Egypt Classic test using the tablet’s native resolution.
At least it runs Jelly Bean, Android 4.1, so you’ll at least have the benefit of being able to use some portion of the 700,000 Android apps available. Although few of these are tablet optimised, and I’m guessing most games won’t run too well on such a slow processor.
Still, the Acer Iconia B1 is still quite cheap. And that’ll make it ideal fodder for less-informed tablet buyers, who are out to get the kids something good for Christmas but don’t want to spend as much money as they would in the case for the iPad 4 or even the Nexus 7.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments below!
May 2017 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @amberlia5: I drew fanart of @LindseyStirling while I was listening to a playlist of her songs with one of my favourites, We Are Giants.… 17 hours ago
- RT @Queen_UK: Britain may have talent. Fairly sure that Amanda Holden doesn't. #BGT 17 hours ago
- @HollowsphereYT lool 1 day ago
- RT @HollowsphereYT: Ehh my attempt at a #hollowknight character? Also wanted to try painting with new brushes and stuff ;3 https://t.co/m35… 1 day ago
- @Sheikh_Suhail Are you sure that it is only 'mobile' Internet? 4 days ago
- 5 13 Advertising Amazon Android Anonymous app Apple Apps Blog Business China Computers data Facebook FB Flame Gadgets Galaxy Games Gaming Google Hacked hacking HackingTag Security HP Inc India Instagram Internet iOS iPad iPhone Kindle LinkedIn Mac Mark Zuckerberg Microsoft mobile News nintendo Nokia online PC phones Playstation playstation-vita postaday PS3 Review Samsung Search Security Smartphone smartphones Social Media Social Network Software Sony Steam Tablet TechInUs technology Twitter Ubisoft Users Video Games Virus vita Website Wii Wii U Xbox Yahoo Zynga
SupportDo you love TechInUs? If you want to support us. Please offer your services to us for free. Click here to offer.