Posts Tagged Guest
Over the year, because of the rush for website traffic, webmasters engage in a wide variety of link-building strategies to the extent that many have become spammy in nature. Possibly, you have been made to believe that the more backlinks your blog has, the higher will it be ranked in search engines, most especially Google.
As a result, most webmasters build links upon links anywhere they see a cheap opportunity whether it is good or not. When Google updated its algorithm, many websites or blogs lost their placement in the search results. If your site is affected, you can still solve the problem by the power of guest blogging.
Today, the quantity of links you build for your site does not make so much difference, but rather the quality of those links. The quality of a link is a function of quality content. Google now places much value on relevance of your content around which you want to build your links for traffic.
More so, you have to realize that guest blogging is now an effective traffic strategy that you must incorporate into your blog or site promotion. This is what you really need to ease the harsh effects of the Panda and Penguin updates.
So, here are tips to note in doing your guest blogging:
1. Set a long-range goal for quality traffic. The reason why many webmasters are guilty of spam is because they want instant traffic, but you should admit the fact that getting pre-qualified traffic through guest blogging takes time.
Content writing is time-consuming, even it takes time to eventually get webmasters who may be interested in your posts. It also takes much time to post content on those blogs. That’s why you may need to hire guest blogging service from individuals or a firm.
In all, you may observe that the overall traffic your site receives from those blogs may be quite small, say 5 visitors per blog; and thus the more the blogs and the more the posts you make, the more the traffic you will get.Far more than that, you are gradually building traffic because your site’s relevance will eventually increase over the year, and this could amount to thousands of visitors.
On the other hand, if you wish to post on popular and high ranked blogs, your site will get lots of traffic, but then it’s really hard to be chosen as a guest blogger since such webmasters receive 100s of requests on guest blogging every month. Alternatively, you may pay them for contextual link placements, but it is advisable you opt for small, established blogs to get traffic in a long-term range.
2. In your efforts to do an effective guest blogging, only seek blogs that are related to your niche. It’s unfortunate that there are people who have 1000s of backlinks in non-relevant places online. If your site is on health, post quality content on health-related blogs.
3. Discreetly insert your links into the posts. Depending on your preferences or the policy of the webmasters, you can insert your link in the main body of the post or in your bio. Either way, it works well for you.
Lastly, don’t forget that quality and relevance are the core values you should seek for your site or blog. Since it takes time, exercise patience as it’ll take several months before you’ll begin to see the positive result that effective guest blogging can give you.
Do you allow guest posts in your blog? Are you aware of any risks involved? For a long time, guest posting has been known to be a great way of generating top quality backlinks to your website. Additionally, it also allows the guest poster to get a lot of free traffic, a new readership and a new audience. In the online field, most good things start innocent but soon the bad guys get in, and Google has to inevitably slap a penalty.
Guest blogs normally offer a great win-win solution to both the guest bloggers and the blogs they are submitting to. The guest bloggers get the free traffic while the blogs are able to get free content. Slowly, many blogs are starting to have more guest posts than original posts. This eventually has led to a whole new industry of guest bloggers.
Google has been pushing frequent updates cracking down on any unorthodox link building and SEO practices. Therefore, despite the fact that guest blogging started as something innocent, you should beware of the disadvantages below that could be risky to your blog:
1. Guest blogging allows for dofollow links from your blog to your guest bloggers’ websites. These links mean that you trust the websites you link to. In case you have a dofollow link that links to spammy pages, your site may get penalized by Google.
2. There are guest posters who may provide content that is not related to the niche of your blog. This could mess up with both your readers and Google.
3. Are you careful about the length of your guest posts? Very short posts or thin content could reduce your blog’s overall quality. This will also affect your rankings with both search engine bots and your blog readers.
4. While allowing for guest posts, be careful of duplicate content. Some guest bloggers may actually end up using their guest post content elsewhere on the internet. This will end up annoying any of your readers who will have had access to both contents. Remember that search engines also have low tolerance to duplicate content.
5. Your guest bloggers may not take your blog as seriously as you would. For this reason, they may end up submitting posts with an uncaring attitude and lack of attention to detail. Additionally, some writers may submit content that has either inaccurate or outdated information. In case such content gets past your editorial team, it will heavily lower the value of your blog.
6. There are guest bloggers who will write for you incomplete content in order to drive traffic to their blogs. This will force readers to go to their websites to get more information. This also ends up being a nuisance to your readers and lowers the quality of your pages.
Google’s Keen Eye
Google respects quality links in your articles. Recently, Google cracked down on paid text links and this resulted in some websites being heavily penalized or even being de-indexed in Google.
Sadly, guest blogging is heading in a similar direction; link buyers are now able to buy trusted links on top-ranking websites. Therefore, any website that is accepting guest posts has to be careful of the links they are accepting. Unfortunately, choosing to add nofollow links will only turn away guest posters and beat the purpose. Remember that Google is keenly watching and looking for ways to differentiate suspicious guest posting links from true editorial links.
One big question that remains is whether you should accept guest posting on your blog or you shouldn’t. It is okay to accept them but first take your time to check out the author’s website. If it is not worth the link, then don’t accept it. Additionally, only accept posts that are accurate and likeable to both you and your readers.
Rahul Makhija has been in the internet marketing industry for more than 6 years. For more information you can visit New York Web Design and Marketing. He is an expert on SEO & PPC tactics and in his free times likes to read and understand about human behavior.
TechInUs is looking for guest bloggers. We are looking for original posts on the following topics.
Posting here will help generate traffic for your own blog. TechInUs is slowly expanding in influence. Established in January 2012. As of June 2012 here are a few brief stats.
Average Monthly Unique Visits :
07,000+ (and growing steadily)
Twitter Followers (@hackingtag):