What’s better than the Samsung Galaxy S II, but doesn’t cost as much as the Galaxy S III? Why, it’s the Galaxy S II Plus of course! We’ve heard rumours of the phone’s existence for a few months now, but just this week we’ve seen both images of the supposed phone as well as some details on its specifications and release date. According to the rumour, we’re going to see the Samsung Galaxy S II Plus in white in the middle of January, with a blue version coming later, in early February. The phone is expected to include a dual-core Exynos processor running at 1.5 GHz, which should give it more grunt than the 1.2 GHz processor included in the Galaxy S II without really challenging the four core Exynos 4412 processor running at 1.4 GHz. The phone will also include only a limited amount of storage – 8 GB. The operating system will be Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (not 4.2, the latest version), with the latest version of Samung’s TouchWiz / Nature UX interface. With the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini not being the smaller Galaxy S III that everyone had hoped for, perhaps the Galaxy S II Plus can be the smaller-but-still-powerful phone that we’ve been looking for from Samsung.༯div> Of course, with the launch of the Nexus 4 there’s going to be a lot more price pressure on this kind of phone. Where once £239 for a phone like the Galaxy S II Plus would have been a good deal, with the release of the Nexus 4 you have to either have an equivalent amount of hardware firepower or a much more competitive price point. It’ll be interesting to see which way Samsung go – and how much success they have as a result. This article was written by William Judd. William writes for Mobile Fun, the UK’s leading online retailer of Google Nexus 4 accessories.
- @gitlost I know the damn feeling 6 hours ago
- RT @gitlost: IT FUCKING WORKS 6 hours ago
- RT @gitlost: I suck at git. I swear 6 hours ago
- RT @SoVeryBritish: Listen to that wind 6 hours ago
- RT @GoforKaty: @vicenews @HBO You're not real news until you've been called fake news! Congrats! https://t.co/14z6Mvp4p0 1 day ago
- 5 13 Advertising Amazon Android Anonymous app Apple Apps Blog Business China Computers data Facebook FB Flame Gadgets Galaxy Games Gaming Google Hacked hacking HackingTag Security HP Inc India Instagram Internet iOS iPad iPhone Kindle LinkedIn Mac Mark Zuckerberg Microsoft mobile News nintendo Nokia online PC phones Playstation playstation-vita postaday PS3 Review Samsung Search Security Smartphone smartphones Social Media Social Network Software Sony Steam Tablet TechInUs technology Twitter Ubisoft Users Video Games Virus vita Website Wii Wii U Xbox Yahoo Zynga
SupportDo you love TechInUs? If you want to support us. Please offer your services to us for free. Click here to offer.