Choosing the best games for your PC is truly a matter of opinion and what you enjoy. There are many different games out there that are all aimed towards a different genre. For example, some may enjoy playing first person shooter games while others gravitate more towards massive multi-player online role playing games. There are also classic PC games out there that are just as fun as they are addicting, such as Bejeweled. PC gamers get the best of both worlds. In addition to games that are specifically made for computer use, multiplatform games that can also be played on popular gaming devices are also available for the PC. Before going out and purchasing a PC game that you are unsure about, these tips will help you in choosing games that are not only fun, but that will perform smoothly on your PC.
1. System Requirements- One of the most important things to do before purchasing a computer game is to look over the system requirements. If you are running an older operating system and do not have a high performance video card, some games that have high graphic intensity may not be able to perform correctly on your computer. Update your PC drivers and video card to ensure a smooth gaming experience. Purchase games that do not exceed your systems specifications.
2. Reviews- It is important to look over game reviews online before making a purchase. These reviews are from unbiased individuals who will give you an idea of what the game is like, how to performs on their computer and if they suggest it to others.
3. Game Genre- There are tons of different games out there that are aimed towards different types of people. One of the most popular PC games is World of Warcraft. This MMORPG is the perfect choice for someone that is looking for an exciting multi-player game that combines fantasy with reality. Others may prefer a game such as Battlefield 3, where they can choose to use a number of weapons in this first-person shooter game.
4. Multiplatform Games- Some games that are available on popular gaming systems can also be played on the PC. See if your favorite games are available for computer play to experience it in a whole new way.
5. Read the Box- Reading the game’s box will give you a detailed description of the gameplay. Look at the graphics and features to decide if it is the right game for you.
6. Ratings- Look for the game’s ESRB rating to see if it includes material that may be offensive and if it is appropriate for the age level that you are buying for.
7. Game Websites- Visit game websites for recommendations based on your interests and desired genre.