It’s a fact that some form of play is necessary to human sanity and indeed, to human development. Our first few years are devoted to little more than play. Babies and young children learn about their environment by playing. For older people, games are necessary in order to release stress and introduce some endorphins into the bloodstream. Form many, competitive games are a way of indulging in aggressive activities without doing any actual harm. Within the framework of sports, competition becomes a positive outlet for the biological urge to be faster, stronger and smarter. In fact, in ancient times sports and games often served as an acknowledge means to keep the population fighting-fit at all times. Today, games are played not just on the field or at the playground but also in cyberspace. MMO gaming or Massively Multiplayer Online gaming refers to the act of playing video games in an environment that supports multiple players, numbering as many as hundreds or thousands. MMO gaming naturally takes place over the internet and can be accessed via personal computers or gaming consoles. MMO gaming is so popular because it allows for role playing and even extended bouts of socialization. Its benefits can include improving critical thinking skills, manual dexterity and the honing one’s ability to play in teams. However , excessive MMO gaming can also lead to several negative effects. The first negative effect of too much MMO gaming is an increased tendency to aggression. Studies show that children who were constantly exposed to combat-themed online games tended to get into more fights and indulge in violent behavior. This increased tendency to violence is explained by the fact that violent acts are performed repeatedly while gaming, which makes the players desensitized to aggression. Too much MMO gaming can also lead to a certain detachment from reality, including a tendency to ignore responsibilities and social norms. When a person is constantly playing video games online, he may reach the point where he finds the virtual world preferable to the real one and begin neglecting school, work and family responsibilities. Often, the gaming begins as a distraction from the stress of daily life and a chance to indulge in a virtual world where circumstances can be controlled to a certain extent. Real problems arise when virtual reality becomes preferable to actual reality, and what was once only a distraction becomes the center around which a person’s life revolves. Check out mmoattack.com for more information on online gaming.
- RT @Animatoonings: I was commissioned to animate this character, "DC". She can sort of bend electricity ⚡️⚡️ https://t.co/iSN6O3HLp7 3 days ago
- RT @witchergame: We are excited to announce that Geralt of Rivia will be joining the playable characters roster of Bandai Namco’s @soulcali… 5 days ago
- RT @adamcbest: They said Stephen Hawking had 2 years to live in 1963. They said Stephen Hawking would never speak again in 1985. He stuck… 5 days ago
- RT @BrooklynshireX: I heard the news and he shall not be forgotten "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion… 6 days ago
- My thoughts on VRChat on @ProductHunt cc @lovivibe @JoeBGrech producthunt.com/posts/vrchat#c… https://t.co/5QESppyJBA 1 week ago
- 5 13 Advertising Amazon Android Anonymous app Apple Apps Blog Business China Computers data Facebook FB Flame Gadgets Galaxy Games Gaming Google Hacked hacking HackingTag Security HP Inc India Instagram Internet iOS iPad iPhone Kindle LinkedIn Mac Mark Zuckerberg Microsoft mobile News nintendo Nokia online PC phones Playstation playstation-vita postaday PS3 Review Samsung Search Security Smartphone smartphones Social Media Social Network Software Sony Steam Tablet TechInUs technology Twitter Ubisoft Users Video Games Virus vita Website Wii Wii U Xbox Yahoo Zynga
SupportDo you love TechInUs? If you want to support us. Please offer your services to us for free. Click here to offer.