No Doubt is officially allowed to sue Activision over its use of band members’ avatars in Band Hero – again . Seriously, we’ve written this piece, like, three times already . This story is bananas. Sorry. No Doubt, the rock band led by singer Gwen Stefani, sued Activision in 2009, claiming it was used to create a “virtual karaoke circus act;” No Doubt says it only signed off on having its likeness portrayed singing its own songs, but the band is unlockable to play through the game’s complete catalog. A Superior Court judge has denied Activision’s attempt to dismiss claims from the case, including fraud, violation of publicity rights and breach of contract, and it is expected to (finally) go to trial later this year. Activision says it has a video recording of No Doubt being told about the unlockable features and it is looking forward to presenting its defense.
- @cz_binance Always HODL! Been hodling since years. 5 months ago
- @BSNL_JK Check your DM 6 months ago
- @CyberpunkGame @AdscendMediaLLC @Adscend 6 months ago
- @CyberpunkGame I found out someone running a scammy website (kinda rip off) at arcade.cyberpunk.games/game/?aff=affs….… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
- @NXOnNetflix https://t.co/8hwjgLARie 6 months ago
- 5 13 Advertising Amazon Android Anonymous app Apple Apps Blog Business China Computers data Facebook FB Flame Gadgets Galaxy Games Gaming Google Hacked hacking HackingTag Security HP Inc India Instagram Internet iOS iPad iPhone Kindle LinkedIn Mac Mark Zuckerberg Microsoft mobile News nintendo Nokia online PC phones Playstation playstation-vita postaday PS3 Review Samsung Search Security Smartphone smartphones Social Media Social Network Software Sony Steam Tablet TechInUs technology Twitter Ubisoft Users Video Games Virus vita Website Wii Wii U Xbox Yahoo Zynga
SupportDo you love TechInUs? If you want to support us. Please offer your services to us for free. Click here to offer.